Last Updated on
Are you in search of the perfect toys to captivate your Labradoodle?
As a Labradoodle owner, I’ve gone through my fair share of toys and have found which are best for this unique breed.
Labradoodles are brilliant and lively dogs that revel in discovering new experiences. By choosing the best toys for your Labradoodle, you’re ensuring their days are full of enrichment and excitement!
Today, we’re going over the best:
- Interactive toys
- Chew toys
- Puzzle toys
- Fetch toys
- Tug toys
- Feeding toys
- Plush toys
I’d recommend getting a few different toys from each section of the list to start!
1. Interactive Toys for Labradoodles
Let’s start with interactive toys.
Labradoodles are very intelligent and naturally curious, which makes them eager to learn.
Providing them with interactive toys is an excellent way to keep these delightful pets entertained and mentally sharp.
These pets need activities that keep them interested and mentally stimulated, similar to exercising their brains.
As a bonus, incorporating interactive toys into your Labradoodle’s playtime helps channel their energy and doubles up as a motivational tool during training. It benefits you and your pet equally!
Here are some interactive toys that Labradoodles will love:
- Dog Treat Toy: Fill this durable dog toy with your pet's favorite treats to create a dog treat puzzle that dispenses food while offering interactive playtime
- Food Dispense Dog Toy: This fillable dog toy wobbles, spins, and rolls to dispense treats, making it a fun way to offer mental stimulation for dogs
- Dishwasher-Safe Slow Feeder: This dog enrichment toy extends mealtime while supporting healthy eating habits; made of food-grade, high-strength polymer
The KONG Wobbler offers a unique and interactive treat-dispensing experience to keep Labradoodles entertained for hours!
This versatile toy combines a treat dispenser and a toy, so your pup can have hours of fun playing and snacking.
It’s sturdy enough for large adult breeds, and the good size makes it suitable for both Labradoodles and Mini Labradoodles. The Wobbler can be filled with tasty liver treats and is more challenging than a toy dispensing ball.
This interactive toy keeps Labradoodles engaged and mentally stimulated and can help with boredom and destructive behavior.
Nina Ottosson Dog Brick
- BOREDOM BUSTER INTERACTIVE DOG TOY: As one of our most popular intermediate level 2 designs, the Dog Brick interactive puzzle includes additional obstacles and combinations of steps that will keep your dog focused and mentally-stimulated as they search and sniff out the tasty treats!
- FLIP, LIFT, & SLIDE TO HIDE TREATS: The Nina Ottosson Dog Brick comes with 3 types of treat hiding compartments to test your furry' friends skills! Flip lid compartments open and slide to reveal two separate treat hiding spots while removable brick bones conceal the third hidden compartments in this puzzle dog toy.
- ENCOURAGES POSITIVE PLAY HABITS: This fun and rewarding puzzle is great for reducing anxious dog behavior and redirecting destructive behavior.
The Nina Ottosson Dog Brick offers mental stimulation and positive play habits for your pup. This treat-hiding puzzle toy is perfect for Labradoodles, as it’s designed to keep them mentally stimulated and focused.
It’s made with food-safe materials that are BPA, PVC, and phthalate-free, making it safe for your pup and easy to clean. The Dog Brick also encourages positive play habits by reducing anxious and destructive behaviors.
With three types of treat-hiding compartments, your pup must work to get the treats. But if it’s too difficult, you can make it easier by removing the flaps to expose the sliding pieces.
Trixie Flip Board
- As one of our most popular dog enrichment toys, the TRIXIE Flip Board interactive dog puzzle will keep your dog focused and mentally stimulated as they search and sniff out tasty treats; great dog accessory for a boredom buster
- Does your dog get bored quickly? Our intermediate level 2 interactive dog puzzle toys add more obstacles and combine actions to earn their tasty rewards
- Lift, Flip & Slide to discover treats; this interactive dog treat puzzle has three different treat-hiding compartments to challenge your pup’s mind; lift cones, slide lids, and flip bones to discover all hidden compartments
This Trixie Flip Board is perfect for Labradoodles who love a mental challenge. They’ll have to flip lids, slide disks, and lift cones to get their reward!
This well-made and durable toy provides a mental exercise that will keep your Labradoodle’s mind engaged and help them build problem-solving skills.
It’s important to remember that some dogs may need patience and encouragement to get used to the game. High-value treats can help motivate them.
Chew Toys for Labradoodles
Labradoodles are typically strong chewers, and need durable toys that can handle rigorous chewing.
When looking for a chew toy for your Labradoodle, it’s important to find the right size and shape for your pet among the available variety. Smaller Labradoodles usually need smaller chew toys, while larger dogs enjoy playing with bigger toys.
Even more, chew tones can help keep your Labradoodle’s teeth clean, which is important for Poodle-mix dogs since they tend to be prone to plaque and other dental issues.
Just make sure to replace your pet’s chew toys when worn out to avoid potential risks.
Here are some of my favorites:
- MADE OF DURABLE NYLON - Long-lasting dog bones for aggressive chewers challenge extreme chewers and discourage destructive chewing
- FUN AND OCCUPYING - Chew toys keep dogs busy while satisfying their natural urge to chew
- PROMOTES DOG DENTAL HEALTH - These dog toys help prevent plaque and tartar buildup as furry friends chew
If you’re looking for a chew toy that’s made for hard-core chewers and provides dental stimulation, then the Nylabone Dura Chew Textured Ring is the perfect choice!
These bones are long-lasting (one bone last a couple of months in our house) and tough enough to stand up to your Labradoodle’s enthusiastic chewing.
- DURABLE, LONG-LASTING – Super chewer? Bring it on. Benebones are tougher than real bones and last for weeks.
- REAL PEANUTS! – Dogs love peanut butter, so we use 100% REAL PEANUTS. Why go with the imitation stuff?
- EASY TO PICK UP AND CHEW – The Wishbone is curved for a paw-friendly grip so your pup can quickly grab it and get a good chew going. Think about it: dogs don’t have thumbs.
The Benebone Wishbone is tough, durable, and made in the USA with real peanuts for a paw-friendly grip!
The Wishbone chew toy is designed specifically for aggressive chewers, and its material is made to be tougher than real bones, so your pup won’t be able to break it easily.
As an added bonus, it’s curved to make it easier for your pup to grip and chew on.
Fairwin Ultra Durable Chew Toy
- Durable Dog Toys for Aggressive Chewer - Dog chew toy is made from extremely durable bite-resistant natural rubber to withstand even the most aggressive of chewers. Tested and approved by German Shepherds, Pit-bulls, American Foxhound, Mastiffs, Alaskan and many other aggressive chewers. While no dog toy is truly indestructible, but this one comes very close.
- Unique Design Shape Toy for Boredom - Unique fruit shape with hollow seductive pineapple flavor and real texture surface, can attract the dog to chew and play. You can fill the pet toy with food and give it to the dog to play with and it will also make a squeaky sound, this is better to attract the attention of the dog, great dog toy for boredom.
- Freshen Breath and Reduce Tartar - This Dental Dog toy is designed to help clean dog’s teeth to freshen breath, stimulate gums and reduce tartar and plaque buildup as your dog plays and chews away.
Your Labradoodle will love the Fairwin Ultra-Durable Pineapple toy, an interactive treat puzzle designed to keep them entertained and engaged for hours! This toy is sturdy, making it a great choice for even the most aggressive chewers.
Not only is the Fairwin Ultra-Durable Pineapple toy tough and durable, but it also provides a fun challenge for your pup.
It’s sure to keep them entertained and engaged for long periods of time! It’s also great for mental stimulation, as they’ll have to work to figure out how to get to the treats inside.
Puzzle Toys for Labradoodles
Investing in high-quality puzzle toys for your active Labradoodle is worth considering. These toys are not just for playing; they also improve your pet’s problem-solving abilities and mental agility. This brings them a happy and healthy life.
Rewarding your Labradoodle with treats while teaching them to follow directions and think strategically can be a delightful experience.
LumoLeaf IQ Dog Treat Ball Toy
- ★ PLAY SMARTER with your dog with the LumoLeaf Dog Treat Ball Toy. Fill it with his favorite treats or kibble and challenge him to get them out. Strengthen your dog’s mental capabilities while preventing boredom, furniture damage and fussy eater.
- ★ KEEP HIM ON HIS TOES with LumoLeaf Treat Dispensing Ball. By controlling how many treats are dispensed and how easily they come out via adjusting the sliding door of the port, your dog’s problem-solving ability will continue to grow.
- ★ PROMOTE GOOD DIGESTION by slowing-down your dog’s eating pace. This deters vomiting and bloat caused by swallowing too much air at meal time. This 5” interactive dog treat ball toy is ideal for Small to Medium breed sizes.
If you’re looking for a fun and challenging way to mentally and physically stimulate your pup, the LumoLeaf IQ Dog Treat Ball Toy is a great option!
We’ve had this toy for several years and has been used by multiple dogs and they all love it.
It can be filled with treats or kibble, and the difficulty level can be adjusted by using the sliding door.
Not only will this help slow down your Labradoodle’s eating pace, it will also help prevent digestive issues like vomiting and bloat.
The toy is made of non-toxic thermoplastic rubber, making it safe and durable for your Labradoodle.
It can provide up to 30 minutes of distraction, and because of its shape, it can easily be picked up and thrown.
The only downside is that it can be a bit tricky to fill, but I use a funnel which helps. The rubber exterior also tends to collect dog hair but it’s easy to clean, so that’s not really a downside in my opinion.
Knitly Dog Puzzles
- [More Challenging Dog Treats Puzzles] The dog puzzle toys is Level-3 which is designed with 3-Difficulty Levels and it's not only easy slide steps, but require your dog's ability to learn sequential steps and combinations to seek hidden treats while keeping mental active.
- [Mental Exercise & Boredom Buster ] The dog puzzle toys for smart dog is designed not only for fun, but also for reducing pet's boredom , encourage dog & cat natural hunting instincts to be more active & healthy , led less destructive behaviors at house. This dog brain game with 15 holes is situable for dogs & cats at any life cycle stages.
- [ Bulit-in Squeaker to Increase Interactivity ] The interactive dog puzzle is equipped with a squeaker under the middle button which allows you to press the button and call your puppy for feeding puzzle game. You would enjoy the time of puzzle game with your pets, which will greatly improve relations with your pets and get fun during interactive dog games.
Knitly Dog Puzzles are the perfect choice to keep your pup busy and engaged.
This level-2 puzzle has 16 holes and is made of high-quality food-grade PP material, making it safe and durable enough to last for many years of use.
It has a built-in squeaker under the middle button that will increase interactivity and engagement, and the puzzle can be used as a slow feeder to promote healthy digestion.
The Knitly Dog Puzzle is designed to reduce pet boredom and encourage a Labradoodle’s natural hunting instincts and can help prevent destructive behaviors.
Plus, it’s a great way to reward dogs with healthy snacks while giving them a fun mental challenge.
Nina Ottosson Hide N’ Slide
- INTERMEDIATE LEVEL FUN: The Dog Hide N' Slide level 2 intermediate dog puzzle is a fun hide-and-seek challenge that requires your pup to learn how combined actions lead to a tasty reward! Great for dogs who have mastered level 1 puzzles.
- CHALLENGE YOUR DOG'S MIND: The Dog Hide N' Slide is an interactive treat puzzle game that works your dog's mind while reducing boredom and destructive behavior. Swivel to hide treats under the flippers or place them in the blocks through the top opening for an added challenge! Your pup will need to take sequential steps to release the final rewards!
- NON-REMOVABLE PARTS & DURABLE COMPOSITE WOOD DESIGN: Made with a non-slip base and a unique plastic and wood composite, the Dog Hide N' Slide is a game that is built to last for hours and hours of fun! Train your pup not to chew on the toy by removing it after the treats have been eaten. Non-removable parts make it a safe and easy to clean choice.
This toy is great for keeping your Labradoodle’s brain sharp, as it requires sequential steps to release the final reward.
It helps reduce boredom and destructive behavior, and it has a non-slip base. Plus, it’s easy to clean with just warm water and soap.
Fetch toys play into a Labradoodle’s natural retrieving ability—so make sure you stock up on balls and frisbees for your Labradoodle.
Choose a toy that is easy to spot in grass or water to prevent losing it while your dog plays energetically.
ChuckIt! Ultra Balls
- Super High Bounce: Better than standard tennis balls, the Ultra Ball is made of durable rubber yielding an ultra bouncy, exciting fetch experience on land or on water thanks to lightweight, bouyant design. Compatible with size Medium Chuckit Launchers
- Tough and Durable: This rugged dog fetch toy has a textured surface and a thick rubber core that can stand up to rough play yet is soft on dog's mouths. Not intended as a pure chew toy, always supervise your dog when playing with this toy
- Sizing matters: Size medium measures 2.5" in diameter and is best suited for dogs weighing 20-60lbs. Dog balls should be small enough for your dog to carry, but large enough that the ball can't completely fit in their mouth. When in doubt, buy a size up
These ChuckIt! Ultra Balls are a great choice as they’re ultra-bouncy, lightweight and durable. Made from tough and durable rubber, the textured surface and thick rubber core make these balls great for Labradoodles who are tough chewers.
They’re also compatible with the ChuckIt! ball launcher, so you can get your pup running and playing in no time.
Plus, they’re surprisingly light and fly out of the launcher, making them a great choice for long-distance fetching. The bright colors make them easy to spot and follow, so you won’t lose track of them during a game of fetch.
- Throw Farther And Faster: elevate fetch with your dog with the Chuckit.. Dog ball launcher, increasing the range and speed of your throw and exercising your dog in a fraction of the time
- Lightweight And Portable: Chuckit.. ball launcher for dogs measures 12 inches long, making it easy to place in the trunk or backseat when you and your dog are on the move
- Pet Toys: Get ready for bonding & fun with your dogs & cats! Check out a variety of our pet toy products such as flyers, perches & mirrors for birds, prey wand toys for cats, plush toys, light-up interactive toys & more.
This one’s for you—not your dog. My Labradoodle will play fetch until my arm falls off, so to make things easier on my shoulder, I got a ChuckIt! thrower. This way, my arms don’t get tired and me and my Labradoodle can play fetch for longer.
As a bonus, I can throw the ball much further with the thrower than I could without it, allowing my Labradoodle to run farther!
West Paw Zogoflex Zisc
- AERODYNAMIC DOG FLYING DISC: Enjoy active adventures with your senior dog or playful pup with this West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Dog flying disc that features a high-flying, aerodynamic design.
- DURABLE PLAY TOYS FOR DOGS: Whether you’re playing fetch or catch with your canine companion, know that this dog flying disc is soft, floatable, pliable and crafted with curved edges for an easy grip.
- LIGHTWEIGHT DOG TOYS: This lightweight dog flying disc is not only easy to carry, but also easy to throw when motivating your puppy or senior dog to get some fresh air and exercise. Each floatable dog flying disc from West Paw is injected with air technology so it is high-flying and able to use on water or land.
The Zogoflex Zisc has plenty of features that make it great for Labradoodles. The lightweight construction makes it easy to carry and throw, while the durable construction ensures it can take a beating from even the most aggressive chewers.
And since Labradoodles tend to love swimming, it floats, so there’s no worry of it getting lost in a lake or pond.
Plus, the Zisc doubles as a pet bowl in a pinch, making it the perfect toy for trips to the park or beach. Your labradoodle will love chasing after this frisbee, and it’s soft enough not to hurt their teeth when they catch it.
Tug Toys for Labradoodles
Since Labradoodles tend to be very strong, you’ll need to make sure you get a durable tug toy that can withstand the strength of a Labradoodle.
West Paw Zogoflex Tug Toy
- DURABLE DOG TOY FOR GENTLE CHEWERS: Delight dogs in all stages of life with this dog tug toy that stretches to twice its length and offers fun for gentle chewers.
- LIGHTWEIGHT PET PLAY TOYS: Play fetch and interact with your canine companion during pet exercise with this lightweight dog play toy that features a unique S-shape design.
- AIRBORNE PET TOYS: Motivate your furry friend to run hard and play hard with this dog tug toy that is lightweight and flings far into the air for canines to catch and chew.
If your Labradoodle loves to play and tug, this West Paw Zogoflex Tug Toy is an excellent choice.
It boasts a durable and non-toxic rubber construction that can last for years with proper use. Perfect for aggressive chewers, this toy is safe for your pup to play with and provides hours of excitement for both of you.
Dogs love the texture and material of this toy, and it comes in various shapes and sizes so you can find the perfect fit for your Labradoodle.
ChuckIt! Ultra Tug
- Tug Throw Dog Toy: This colorful dog toy takes tug-of-war to the next level is built for tough play chewing Compatible with medium Chuckit dog ball launchers High bouncing ball is made from durable rubber
- Easy To Clean: Dog ball toy's smooth, rubber surface allows pet parents to easily wash off dirt or slobber Perfect for small, medium large dogs Bright blue orange colors are easy to spot in tall grass, beaches parks
- Pet Toys: Get ready for bonding & fun with your dogs & cats! Check out a variety of our pet toy products such as flyers, perches & mirrors for birds, prey wand toys for cats, plush toys, light-up interactive toys & more.
If the West Paw Zogoflex Tug Toy isn’t quite what you’re looking for, then you might want to check out the Chuckit! Ultra Tug.
This is a highly motivating toy for Labradoodles that’s perfect for use as a reward during training and walks. It’s made of natural rubber and is highly durable and long lasting, making it ideal for dogs with high prey drive.
This toy is specifically designed to fit medium ball launchers and can be used for a variety of activities, such as fetching and tugging.
Feeding Toys for Labradoodles
Thanks to their Labrador parent, Labradoodles are known for being ravenous eaters.
My Labradoodle scarfs down his food, so to slow him down, we use feeding toys that prevent him from eating too quickly and make him work for his meal.
Outward Hound Fun Feeder Slo Bowl
- SLOWS DOWN EATING UP TO 10X: Outward Hound uniquely designed Fun Feeder dog bowls feature meal-lengthening ridges to help slow down your dog’s eating time by 10X!
- AIDS IN PROPER DIGESTION: Common issues that arise in fast-eating dogs include bloating, regurgitation, and canine obesity. Our Fun Feeder Slo Bowls both challenge and engage your dog during mealtime while helping reduce overeating behavior.
- MADE WITH NON-SLIP BASE AND FOOD SAFE MATERIALS: Outward Hound's Fun Feeder Slo Bowl, slow feeder dog bowls are made to hold in both fun and food as your dog forages through the fun patterns with its non-slip base. Bowls are BPA, PVC, and phthalate free.
Make mealtime more enjoyable and healthy for your Labradoodle with the Outward Hound Fun Feeder Slo Bowl, a slow feeder bowl that helps reduce overeating and comes in multiple sizes and designs.
This bowl is designed with meal-lengthening ridges to slow down eating up to 10X, promoting proper digestion and preventing obesity. The non-slip base keeps food in place, while its food-safe materials make it suitable for dry, wet, or raw food diets.
Ulmpp Lick Mats
- 【Safe And Qualified Materials】 The dog food mat is made of high-quality silicone, Which is food-safe and will not affect the health of your cute pet. 8.2x8.2x0.4 inches, This dog pad is an ideal size for cats and small and medium-sized dogs.
- 【Serve Healthy Dog Treats】 Slow Feeder dog licking mats are non-toxic and designed for your pet’s favorite snack. This dog feeding mat keeps your dog happily engaged as they lick peanut butter, yogurt, pumpkin puree, and other pet approved treats from the slow feeding licking mat.
- 【Reduces Anxiety, Boredom and Destructive Behavior】 Helps calm and soothe your pet to release endorphins through the promotion of licking. This dog treat mat is a safe alternative for your dog to lick. Great for stressful times such vet visits, bath time, nail clipping, injury recovery as well as thunderstorms and fireworks.
The Ulmpp Lick Mat is a great way to reduce anxiety and boredom. It has plenty of powerful suction cups to secure the mat and is made of high-quality silicone.
It can be used as an alternative to a dog bowl, encouraging endorphin release through licking.
This helps to reduce stress during vet visits and thunderstorms. Slowing down eating also improves digestibility, and the raised edges prevent food from spreading.
I put things like mashed up sardines and peanut butter on my lip mats. Sounds gross—but the dogs love it!
Plush Toys for Labradoodles
Squeaky plush toys are a great addition to add to your Labradoodle’s toy box.
Just try to avoid buying toys with actual stuffing—I prefer stuffing-free toys. This way, if my Labradoodle accidentally tears a hole in the toy, he won’t eat the stuffing from inside.
SHARLOVY Dog Plush Toys
- SUPER VALUE DOG TOYS SET OF 5：^o^ 5 pack dog squeaky toys, cute animal dog toy bundle includes squirrel, cow, fox, wolf, tiger dog toys, all in the long size and stuffing free, suitable for dogs of all breeds to carry. It’s the unique pack on the market, toys for dogs to keep them busy, design for your best furry friend.
- STUFFLESS DOG TOYS CRINKLE: ^o^ 100% stuffing free design except a complete internal crinkle paper. No fluff dog toy means that no mess, no choking risks, keep your pet always in a safe condition when they are chewing or playing. Crinkle paper makes a noise, so that dog will never get bored with these floppy toys.
- LONG PLUSH DOG TOYS WITH SQUEAKERS: ^o^ Each toy is super long, made of high quality plush, incredibly soft and skin-friendly. Feature two internal squeakers which protected by a fabric to prevent it from ripping out, creates hours and hours fun for your dogs, interactive dog toys for boredom.
These Sharlovy plush squeaky toys are stuffing-free and come in a pack of five making them a great deal.
Although they’re durable, I don’t recommend letting your dog knaw on these. While they don’t have stuffing, they aren’t meant for chewing.
Which Toy Will You Get Your Labradoodle?
Labradoodles are brilliant and active dogs, so investing in top-notch toys is important.
I love having a mix of different toys on hand to keep my Labradoodle entertained and enriched all day long.
Which toys does your Labradoodle like playing with? Drop a comment below!
This article may include affiliate links. www.travellingwithadog.com is a participant of Amazon.com Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchase. www.travellingwithadog.com participates in other affiliate programs, and recieves commissions when purchases are made through the links. The cost is not inflated to account for the commission earned.
Veterinary Disclaimer: travellingwithadog.com is not a substitute for veterinary advice and does not intend to provide any type of veterinary advice for your animals. Please consult your vet for any questions you have regarding your pets health.
About the Author:
Dana owns a Sheepadoodle and a rescue merle Labradoodle. Her first dog growing up was a white Toy Poodle and she’s loved dogs ever since. She has years of experience fostering dogs and has helped find homes for a variety of different breeds, both large and small! After seeing so many dogs end up unwanted and in shelters, she began blogging about different dog breeds (specifically Doodle dogs, since that’s what she knows best) to help people make informed choices when adding a new member to their family.
When Dana’s not brushing her Doodles’ hair (it takes a lot of time for two!) you can find her playing nose work games and fetch with her two amazing pups.
Learn more about her here.