Last Updated on
It’s no secret that our readers love their dogs over here at Travelling With a Dog. This gift guide for dog owners was put together from suggestions of products our readers (and ourselves) use and love!
If you’re in search of something to get for a dog-lover, you’re bound to find something useful on this list.
This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product listed in this article, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you!
1. Dog Brain Training
It’s no surprise that the number one gift on this list is Brain Training 4 Dogs. It’s an incredible training at a fraction of the cost of what it would cost to hire a private trainer.
This online dog training provided by Adrienne Farricelli (one of the top dog trainers in the United States) helps you uncover your dog’s hidden intelligence through different guided trainings and techniques. You’ll go through training that will not only make your dog smarter, your bond will strengthen and your dog will gain more confidence.
This training is the perfect gift for someone who needs help training their dog or wants to elevate their dog’s intelligence!
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i3 to empty itself for up to 60 days.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10X the Power-Lifting Suction. Control how you clean with the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant.
- SMART NAVIGATION GETS THE JOB DONE - The i3 navigates and maps your home in neat rows using state-of-the-art floor tracking sensors to vacuum hardwood and carpet.
Honestly, the Roomba is probably the best invention since sliced bread. This Roomba is designed for pet owners to clean up any dog hair, dirt, and debris. It has voice control, works with Alexa, maps your home to get every inch AND it empties itself.
I really can’t think of anything better!
3. Furbo Dog Camera
- 1080p Full HD Camera & Night Vision: livestream video to monitor your pet on your phone with a 160-degree wide-angle view, day & night.
- 2-Way Audio & BARKING ALERT: Furbo’s BARKING SENSOR detects when your dog is barking. It sends push notifications to your smartphone when it detects barking. Know what’s going on at home and talk to calm them down via the app.
- Fun TREAT TOSSING: TOSS a treat to your dogs via the free Furbo iOS/Android app. Fill it with your dogs’ favorite treats & play a game of catch.
Dog lovers all around the world love the Furbo. This HD pet camera gives you the ability to see and hear your dog, talk to your dog, and give them treats, all from your phone!
4. Luxury Dog Bed Frame
- MODERN DESIGN: The bed frame's contemporary mid-century modern design complements all home interior styles; featuring clean lines and a wood finish, the bed frame is made to look good in any room of the house
- COMPATIBILITY: The bed frame is compatible with many existing Furhaven pet beds, such as our sofas, chaise lounges, and traditional mattresses; to ensure a proper fit, please review the size measurements
- EASY SETUP: The bed frame comes with pre-drilled partitions that make assembly a breeze; no special tools needed
It’s no surprise that this item is a best seller. This stylish dog bed frame is a great way to add a bit of luxury to your dog’s bed. There are several different beds you can buy to fit within this frame, or you can measure your dog’s current bed to see if it will fit.
5. Dog Grooming Gear
We started grooming our dog ourselves a few years ago to save in between grooming visits. For us, it’s a great time to bond with our dog and she loves when we groom her.
To stretch your visit between grooming sessions, try your hand at grooming your dog at home. These professional dog grooming clippers will help you keep your dog’s hair manageable until your next grooming appointment!
Here are some other grooming items you might find helpful:
- Wahl Clippers: these work very well for sanitary areas, face and paws.
- Scissors: These come in two different sizes and have rounded tips
- Nail clippers
- Dremel: If your dog hates the nail clippers, you may want to try using a dremel. We had better luck with a dremel.
- MudBuster: To keep paws clean when it’s snowy or rainy
- HIGH-QUALITY HIKING GEAR: The Outward Hound DayPak is one of our bestselling and most popular dog backpacks. Lightweight and convenient, this pack can comfortably fit extra essentials you may need while exploring the great outdoors.
- FOUR EXPANDABLE STORAGE COMPARTMENTS: This saddleback dog backpack is designed with two storage compartments on each side for even weight distribution and plenty of room for food, water, training accessories and more.
- BREATHABLE MESH and ADJUSTABLE STRAPS: The DayPak doggy backpack is thoughtfully constructed to keep your pet comfortable with breathable mesh fabric, adjustable straps, and bright colors for high visibility so you can stay worry-free day or night.
If you like to travel lots, go on hikes or long walks, a backpack can be a great way to give your dog a job and sense of purpose. You can fill their backup up with the water, food, dog dishes, and/or poop bag.
7. Dog Brain Games
- MENTALLY-STIMULATING DOG PUZZLE GAME: The MultiPuzzle by Nina Ottosson is our most challenging dog puzzle yet. This level 4 puzzle requires your dog to complete a series of steps in the correct order to keep discovering more hidden treats! Dog treat puzzles are a great way to reduce boredom and provide mental enrichment for your pup. The MultiPuzzle is perfect for ultra smart dogs that have already mastered levels 1-3.
- SPIN, SLIDE, HIDE, and SEEK: Place your dog's favorite treats or kibble under the sliders in the outer tray and in the center treat compartments. Slide the center covers and outer tiles over the compartments to hide the treats. For an extra challenge, put the ridged orange locks in place to secure the green square tiles. Encourage your dog to seek the treats and let the games begin.
- 4 CHALLENGES, 1 PUZZLE: The level of difficulty of the MultiPuzzle can be adjusted as your dog learns. Between the moveable green tiles, spinning wheel, orange locks, and center sliders, your pup will stay busy working for those treat for a good while.
Dog puzzles are a great way to tire your dog out (with supervision) as they work to find their treats and food.
Dog puzzles come in a variety of different levels, so it’s a good idea to get two puzzles (one easy and one a bit more challenging) so your dog can work their way up.
8. Matching Dog Collars, Leash and Harness
I absolutely love the collars and leashes from iDoggos. They come in a variety of different colors and patterns (my favorite is the marble with gold clasp) and you can usually order matching leashes and harnesses with the collar!
9. Gourmet Dog Treats
Both you and your pup can enjoy holiday cookies this season! These dog treats for Woofables Bakery would make the perfect stocking stuffer for your pooch. You can also buy gift baskets that come with an assortment of beautiful dog treats.
10. Bark Box Subscription
Subscription boxes are one of my favorite gifts because they are the gift that keeps on giving. Bark Box is a pet subscription box and each month, you’ll get an assortment of treats, products and experiences for your dog!
This article may include affiliate links. www.travellingwithadog.com is a participant of Amazon.com Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchase. www.travellingwithadog.com participates in other affiliate programs, and recieves commissions when purchases are made through the links. The cost is not inflated to account for the commission earned.